Preamble: This contract has been written for the protection of the Puppy/Puppies, Purchaser, and the Breeder. If potential purchaser is not willing to work on a high professional level of communication, integrity, and ethics please do not move forward with this contract.
Please Print:_______________________ , Purchaser. _Janis Prothro, (JP)__, Breeder.
To the best of the JP’s knowledge the puppy is in good health at the time of this sale. Puppy was seen and had a routine health examination by a licensed veterinarian. Puppy is up to date on vaccinations and deworming.
JP has provided puppy with mental and sensory stimulation through *BioSensor stimulation and the Rule of Seven to help ensure that your puppy is happy, calm, confident, socialized and well adjusted.
1. Travel date is the date established to go to your home. Flying starts at 8 weeks of age, If flying your puppy/ies Cargo or as Carry-on, puppy/ies will have a health certificate issued prior to flying, paid for in price of pup. From Boise ID to your city final destination, Direct flights are very much preferred if at all possible (Cargo) and would be the travel day set.
2. Flight ticket is agreed to be paid by Purchaser. This is to be coordinated with JP as soon as possible.
3. Purchaser receives AKC papers at pickup of pup and agrees to register micro-chip with AKC registration of pup at that time.
4. Purchaser takes full responsibility at Travel Date and agrees to establish a relationship with a licensed veterinarian: a) within 1 week of receiving pup, and b) to keep up to date health care. Purchasing a puppy/ies should not be an impulsive decision; he/she is not sold on a trial basis. You are making a decision for its lifetime.
5. It is agreed this puppy/ies will receive chiropractic care within its first upcoming month with you and thereafter as pet may need. Checking limps (shoulder/hip out), Mucus discharge from eyes (atlas out), hyperactivity (mid back out) and bladder infections (pelvic out) among a few. At least one chiropractic adjustment per year.
6. Purchaser agrees as a "PET ONLY" to spay/neuter or ligation/vasectomy no sooner than 10 months, no later than 12 months old, unless other agreement made. Hormones are important to a healthy pet. Once completed, copy of vet documents must be mailed to JP.
7. It is agreed this puppy/ies will not have tail or dewclaws removed unless an emergency condition.
8. It is agreed this puppy/ies will never be surrendered to or placed in a shelter! Purchaser guarantees JP that they will work with/return this puppy so a loving home may be found.
9. It is agreed this puppy/ies is nontransferable! In the event you can no longer keep your puppy/adult dog, you are bound by this contract to contact JP first to make arrangements to work with (or return the puppy to) JP so a loving home can be found. This puppy is not sold on a trial basis and JP requires puppy’s return to her if Purchaser is unable or unwilling to care for puppy. In cases of proven financial hardship or natural disaster, JP will pay travel expenses for puppy/adult dog return.
10. JP conditionally guarantees the puppy until the age of 2 years, against *congenital defects or to have known DNA tested markers that will interfere with the pup's ability to lead a normal, life. JP DNA tests all parents above breed standards and will guarantee those markers. Other diseases come about from many variables: non-chiropractic care, environmental poisoning, too early spay/neutering depleting healthy hormonal development to integral glands that produce the needed body’s balance, as well as the following…
A. Supplements: JP recommends NuVetTM Plus Canine supplement that has led to a healthier life, unless other agreed upon. Nutritional supplements help during times of environmental stress, growing bone nutrition, and eating irregularities. You agree to have supplements in place at pups Travel Date to assist the transition to new home and bone growth up to 2 years of age. Nuvet supplement ordering information: NuVetTM Plus Canine supplements ordering code #89093. They are a great treat, order via internet www.NuVet.com , or toll free 1-800-474-7044 from 8am-6pm Pacific Time.
B. Dog Food: JP recommends a 5 star rated product. For example: Orijen or other 5 star rated product found on www.dogfoodadvisor.com. Rotating flavor varieties, Organic Grain Free AND some grain blended food product to help alleviate allergies. Lamb ingredient is excellent for their stomachs, less flatulence, and overall health. Research has Breeder using ratio of 50% Lamb to 50% of 3-4 other varieties (venison, lamb, bison, lamb, chicken, then lamb) which will be shared in puppy email tips and notes and the checklist provided to Breeder’s customers. Low grade dog foods will cause health issues in your poodle!
C. Notification: A veterinarian’s letter must be received explaining congenital defect, and you agree to humanely put this pet to sleep, as JP does not want to cause any financial, emotional or spiritual burden on you or your pet. A copy of the above named Veterinarian's letter, along with the euthanizing document must be sent to JP at which JP will reimburse you for the euthanizing cost, the purchase price and sales tax paid if applicable for your puppy only.
D. Purchaser is responsible for and agrees to provide routine veterinary care for the puppy/ies, including age appropriate vaccinations, routine worm/parasite checks and feed puppy a premium dog food .
E. This guarantee does not cover any common puppy ailments including but not limited to worms, Coccidia and/or Giardia, vitamin deficiencies, ear infections, any viral, bacterial diseases, disorders brought on by parasites, the development of disqualifying faults, diseases, or disorders, which are due to the Purchaser's negligence, chance, or environmental conditions, vaccinosis, cancer, Addisons, digestive disorders, bloat and allergies.
F. This guarantee will be null and void if Buyer fails to provide routine veterinary care, if puppy is Bred (intentionally or not), Injured by accident or neglect or if any of the terms this agreement are not followed.
G. Exclusions: This does not include hips. JP standard poodle parents are tested for hip dysplasia to be Fair, Good or Excellent. PennHip is also done at an early age and must be 50% and up. Chiropractic pet care is used monthly on all parents and pups to maintain healthy bodies. A pet’s tumbles in life, spay/neutering growth change or other physical factors can change even “Excellent” results if not properly cared for, as in #5 with chiropractic care. Diet, exercise, preventing injury and regular chiropractic care are all important components of maintaining their structural health. Breeder cannot be held responsible for not following contract. JP encourages reading this AKC article on hip dysplasia (what it is, its Causes, Symptoms, Prevention and Treatment) at https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/health/hip-dysplasia-in-dogs/
H. JP is to be notified immediately of any cause for concern of puppy.
11. Be Aware:
In making a down payment before a pup’s birth, JP hereby notes your “INTENT” to purchase one of JP’s pups. JP sends this contract to be filled in with your “INTENT” to buy. Your individual puppy/ies is “offered for sale” to you only after:
a) JP has a vet examine each pup by 6 weeks of age when they receive their first vaccination at which time you may decide on your pup.
b) JP “offers the pups for sale” now at 6 weeks of age according to your down payment “intent” order 1, 2, 3...
c) Choice of pup must be made by 6 wks of age with full payment at that time. JP signs the contract and provides a copy with registration data at time of receipt of your pup.
d) In flying or traveling across ANY state line your pet is examined for a health certificate.
e) With your down payment, JP is committing time and money to do her best in communicating and working with you. JP needs to know you are committed in receiving a pup/s, thus there are no refunds once a down payment is made. If one needs to cancel, the down payment will always be available for your return when you are ready for a pup from JP at which you will be given priority accordingly as long as JP is still breeding.
f) Adult size, confirmation, color, and temperament are not guaranteed. JP assumes no financial responsibility for the puppy after leaving her premises for medical expenses due to accidents, injury, behavior, or for any other non-contracted issues.
g) Providing adequate exercise and human contact is a necessity in owning any puppy or dog, especially the Standard Poodle breed.
_______________________(Purchaser’s name) agrees this puppy is purchased as a "PET ONLY" (surgically fixed to have no offspring) and offered under AKC’s Limited Registration without breeding rights.
Female $2,500 X____ Puppy/ies: $__________
Male $2,700 X ____ Puppy/ies $___________
Discount - Circle: Military $( __ ) Returning Customer $( __ )
Less Deposit Paid and Received $(________)
Boarding (If required past 8 weeks): $__________
13. If this puppy has been bred, intentionally or not, the 2 year guarantee is canceled, at which the purchaser agrees to pay an additional price of $2,500
14. Included in Pet Price: Micro-chip ($100 value), health/flying certificate for out of state travel ($40 value), first vaccination - Parvo ($40 value), crate or carry-on bag for flying at 8 wks (up to $70 value).
#1 Pup name:_________________ Date down payment received: _________$__________
Litter Born:________ Breed: Standard Poodle. TRAVEL DATE: ___________
From: (Dam)__Bijou's Scarlet of A Perfect World AKC#_PR21305401_
From: (Stud)__A Perfect World Marvels He's Going the Distance_ AKC#_PR20524015__
Male ____ Female _____ Color____________________
AKC Registration #:_____________________
#2 Pup name: ________________ Date down payment received: _________$__________
Litter Born:_______ Breed: Standard Poodle. TRAVEL DATE: _____________
Male ____ Female _____ Color ____________________
AKC Registration #: ____________________
Other agreement/s entered here:________________________________________________________
By signing below, I acknowledge that I have read, understand and agree to the above contract, and also acknowledge receipt of said contract. Nothing is implied that is not written in this Contract.
Purchaser’s name (please print): _______________________________
Two Contact Telephone #s 1._________________________2.___________________________
Driver’s License # (when checks are payment form): ____________________Exp. ___________
(Why driver's license number? In signing this contract, it is JP's right to assure the contract is followed. With our chagrin to a few, court action is sometimes needed to follow up.)
*Biosensor and Rule of Seven training are defined and explained in detail on website www.largestandardpoodles.com. From homepage, click navigation heading titled: “Biosensor”
*Congenital defect: A physiological or structural abnormality that develops at or before birth and is present at the time of birth, especially as a result of faulty development, infection, heredity, or injury.
I love this photo - It's like walking into a painting