Preamble: This contract has been written for the protection of the Puppy, Purchaser, and Breeder. If Buyer(s) is/are not willing to work on a high professional level of communication, integrity, and ethics please do not move forward with this contract.
Print Name:______________________________, Purchaser, ___Janis Prothro (JP) __ , Breeder.
AKC#_____________________ Microchip#_________________________________________________, Puppy
1. Travel date is the date established to go to your home. Flying starts at 8 weeks of age, If flying your puppy Cargo or as Carry-on, puppy will have a health certificate issued prior to flying, paid for in price of pup. From Boise ID to your city final destination (for Cargo): Direct flights only. Travel date is coordinated at 6 weeks of age of pup. Flight ticket is agreed to be paid by Purchaser. This is to be coordinated with JP as soon as possible.
2. Purchaser takes full responsibility at Travel Date and agrees to establish a relationship with a licensed veterinarian: a) within 3 days of receiving pup, b) notifying their vet of the vaccination protocols listed in this Purchase Agreement, and c) to keep up to date health care.
3. Purchaser attests and agrees to the following: The purchase of this puppy has been carefully considered and is not an impulsive decision. This puppy is not sold on a trial basis. In the event Purchaser can no longer keep said puppy/adult dog, Purchaser is bound by this contract to contact JP first to make arrangements: a) to return the puppy or (b) to work with JP so a loving home can be found.
4. Purchaser receives AKC papers at pickup of pup (travel date) and agrees to register the micro-chip WITH the AKC registration of the pup within 30 days of travel date.___________
5. It is agreed: the prefix, “Marvels” is to be used on the AKC Registration name of this puppy (i.e., "Marvels" must precede the puppy's call name as the AKC registered name). For example: if puppy's call name is “Benelli” - the puppy will be registered with the AKC as: “Marvels Benelli”.
It is agreed the “Marvels” prefix is to remain in this puppy’s name on the AKC registration. For example: if you choose to name this puppy “Benelli”, the puppy is registered with the AKC as: “Marvels Benelli”.
6. Purchaser agrees this puppy is sold as a "PET ONLY" to spay/neuter or ligation/vasectomy:
unless other agreement made. *Rationale for above Spay/Neuter timetable: https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fvets.2020.00388/full.
7. It is agreed this puppy will never be surrendered to or placed in a shelter! Purchaser guarantees JP that they will work with/return this puppy so a loving home may be found.
8. It is agreed this puppy is nontransferable! Purchaser will not sell, re-home or give away this puppy to a third party. In the event Purchaser can no longer keep this puppy/adult dog, Purchaser is bound by this contract to contact JP first to make arrangements to return the puppy (or work with JP) so a loving home can be found. This puppy is not sold on a trial basis and JP requires puppy’s return to her if Purchaser is unable or unwilling to care for puppy.
9. JP conditionally guarantees until the age of 2 years, against congenital defects that will lead to an early death. JP DNA tests all parents above breed standards and will guarantee those markers. Other diseases come about from many variables: non-chiropractic care, diet, environmental poisoning, vaccinosis, too early spay/neutering depleting healthy hormonal development to integral glands that produce the needed body’s balance, as well as the following…Conditions:
10. It is agreed this puppy will receive chiropractic care (1 visit) within 12 weeks of age and thereafter as pet may need. At least one chiropractic adjustment per year.
11. JP has provided daily care for pups and mother since birth including proper nutrition, mental and sensory stimulation through various toys newly introduced daily and environmental surfaces, environmental enrichment activities, as well as **Biosensor Stimulation, Rule of Seven Socialization to help ensure that our pups are all happy, confident, socialized, and well adjusted; ready to mold into the perfect companion.
12. JP had puppy Vet inspected healthy and received a Health Certificate to attest to this fact, that was issued within 10 days of receiving puppy. Breeder has permanently identified puppy with the RFID Microchip which are the latest ISO Standard FDXB format approved by the American Kennel Club. Breeder has provided Purchaser with web page links to extensive puppy raising Information. JP is always available for the lifetime of the puppy for any questions Purchaser may have.
In making a down payment before a pup’s birth, JP hereby notes your “INTENT” to purchase one of her pups. JP sends this contract to be filled in with your “INTENT” to buy. Your puppy is “offered for sale” to you only after:
A. JP has a vet examine each pup by 6 weeks of age at which time you may select your pup.
B. JP “offers the pups for sale” now at 6 weeks of age according to your down payment “intent” order 1, 2, 3...
C. Choice of pup must be made by 6 wks of age unless otherwise stated with full payment at that time. JP signs the contract and provides a copy with registration data at time of receipt of pup.
D. With your down payment, JP is committing time and money to do her best in communicating and working with you. JP needs to know you are committed in receiving a pup, thus there are no refunds once a down payment is made. If one needs to cancel, the down payment will always be available for your return when you are ready for a pup from JP at which you will be given priority accordingly as long as JP is still breeding.
E. Adult size, confirmation, color, and temperament are not guaranteed.
F. JP assumes no financial responsibility for the puppy after leaving her premises for medical expenses due to accidents, injury, behavior, or for any other non-contracted issues.
G. Breeder cannot be held responsible for not following contract.
H. Providing adequate exercise and human contact is a necessity in owning any puppy or dog, especially the standard poodle breed.
____________________________________________(Purchaser's name - Please sign)
agrees this puppy is purchased as a "PET ONLY" (surgically fixed to have no offspring) and offered under AKC’s Limited Registration without breeding rights.
PRICE:__________ PURCHASE DATE:___________ (Date of Puppy chosen at 6 weeks).
Plus Boarding (If required past 9 weeks. = $20/day): +$__________
*If this puppy has been bred, intentionally or not, the 2 year guarantee is canceled, at which the purchaser agrees pay an additional price of: $3,000
Puppy’s name: _________________________________________________________________ Date deposit received: ___________ Deposit amount: $__________ Date final payment received: ___________Final payment amount: $____________
Date Litter Born:____________ Breed: _Standard Poodle_ TRAVEL DATE: ___________
From: (Dam) ________________________________________________ AKC# __________________
From: (Stud) ________________________________________________ AKC# __________________
Male _____ Female _____ Color____________________
AKC Registration #:_____________________
16. Other agreement/s entered here: _____________________________________________________________________________________
17. PURCHASER’S STATEMENT:
By signing below, I acknowledge that I have read, understand and agree to the above contract, and also acknowledge receipt of said contract. Nothing is implied that is not written in this Contract.
Purchaser’s name (please print): _______________________________
Purchaser’s Signature:___________________________________ Date:___________
Breeder’s Signature:____________________________________ Date:___________
**Information on Vaccinations: For the health of your dog, please read these articles on vaccines:
Core Vaccines, Vaccinosis, Dr Jean Dodd's Protocol: https://www.nwholisticpetcare.com/vaccines/
Safer Vaccine Guidelines - DOs, DON'Ts , and NEVERs: https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/safer-vaccine-guidelines-for-dogs/
I love this photo of Marvels - It's like walking into a painting